Sunday, August 17, 2008

Its been a while...



It's been a while since my last blog, however I feel great progress has been made!

Uccello has been racking my brain for a while now, and I think I have finally ripped his personality far enough apart that I can effectively design for the guy.

I went through a few wierd kinda experimental phases with Sketch up with the hope of it all working out, but as we all know, that rarely works... so heres a few of my earlier vvvvery average designs.







So most of these didnt have much theory behind it, I was justing getting it out of my system. I wasnt getting anywhere with this so I took a step back and went back to the drawing board.

I wanted something that was not imposing into the surroundings and something that wasnt going to attract attention, but still having some form of expression and meaning to it. So I was looking at minimalist essentially, which as we all know is not easy.... anyway heres a few more designs that Ive been working with.

This came after thinking about the movie that sean showed us and some of the buildings that were in Berlin, Looking fairly simple so far but essentially Im trying to work into the design the idea of the tower being a place where people can see in at Uccello rather than him only being ablew to look out at them...


This sees me taking the idea a bit further, but I stopped here after remembering its not meant to be a car park!

No comments: