Sunday, August 17, 2008

Theory for my design.

The sketch up models I did, were not really getting me anywhere, however there were a number of positive outcomes within the buildings that Im still using.

After that last car park design I took another step back and got back into thinking more about the character, (Im easily sidetracked).

I want to take a minimalist approach, I want to incorporate the idea of these one way windows as an idea for a tower, and I want to separate Uccellos study area from the rest of his living area. There will always be a division between the building, his basic necessities ie. kitchen, bathroom, living, and then an area completely divided from society, a place he can call his own, where there are no refridgerators, stoves, bench tops, just an empty space for him to create.

So I started to think more about his name, Uccello- meaning bird. I looked up a few images and though it would be good to incorporate some sort of bird imagery but something that is not obvious, using the idea of looking at something with a new perspective, and this is what i got thanks to photoshop.
Ok so this doesnt look like much but I started to extract the shape into a more rectangular form, which gave me this...
and from here... I went to this....

so this is what I plan on working on for my final design. Much happier now, Ive been doing a fair bit of developing so keep an eye out on my next blog in the next day or so to see what ive finished with!

No comments: